Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Getting on the highway!!


(Or not)

Today I stepped outside my comfort zone.  (Warning this post is neither intelligent nor about education!). I bought a scooter!!  Why you may ask? I asked myself the same thing when I hopped on the thing, expecting to be able to fly off down the road and realised I was terrified! I was outside my comfort zone. This could be dangerous, I was taking a risk, what was I doing, I am a fully grown, seemingly intelligent woman!

It was the ride of my life (albeit down the road and around the corner before thinking I should take things slowly). 

Are you in a rut? I'm not advocating getting a tattoo, naval piercing or a scooter :). But live a little. (Now I'm thinking about the classroom) Take a risk, try that new idea you had, see if it makes a difference. Reflection is the key. Spice up your work life. Think about innovating and keeping things fresh. It will be extra work but it will be worth it. Life is too short to spend it doing the same thing day in and day out.

Live a little :)

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

Suzie Vesper said...

What a cute bike! You know that my last name is Vesper which may not be spelled right for a scooter but I may just have to get one one of these days.